Sunday 15 March 2009

Waiting......

I figured it time to provide an explanation regarding my absence when I started receiving messages of concern for my well being.

Worry not, I have not had any tragic finger loss issues that stop me being able to type/babble on. All of my digits are blessedly intact.

The truth is simple.

I'm lazy. But pregnant lazy not just lazy lazy, so that's OK , right?

I'm just anxiously anticipating my second trimester energy boost. Actually to be fair I'm still eagerly awaiting the second trimester energy boost from my previous two pregnancies that rudely never happened to materialise. Third time around I'm wondering if such a thing actually exists or if it's medical propaganda to get us through the the first trimester with an ounce of hope for the future.

By the time I've had to tell Eli to leave his wilbsy alone (potty training has provided 24 hour access to his favourite area) for the 8 millionth time each day and I get the nippers into bed and I actually have time to blog all I'm actually fit for is falling into bed with a good book.

Rob says it's really fun being married to the equivalent of an 80 year old.

So when that energy boost hits I'll be back with a vengeance. That of course could be any day now or in 5 years time when all my kids are in full time school and I actually get to occasionally enjoy such luxuries as peeing in privacy, if only between the hours of 9-3 on weekdays.

I hope I'm worth the wait!

post signature

24 lovely comments:

TheAustinEmpire said...

I do remember those pregnant days. I think most nights I fell asleep with Hunter in his bed because I just didn't have the energy to stand by the door. No one can blame you, I didn't have a blog then, but if I had, it would have been severely neglected.

Hang in there. Sometimes you just have to force yourself to get up and do stuff and that helps some. I know the days I worked longer usually got me through the afternoon without a nap easier than the days I got off early.

Allikaye's Mama said...

Oh I DO miss you!! But I understand...you keep the laziness going as long as you need...I'll wait for you!! :0)

Our Loved-up Family said...

Yes you are:)

Miss Lisa said...

Rest away! Those first three months are tough!

LunaMoonbeam said...

Oh, happy Waiting to you! My energy boost came...right around the time I was ready to give birth. It's called Nesting!

Tyne said...

I so hear you, sister... I have been exhausted, too. Although I do feel better now that I am not pregnant anymore. Hope you get some energy back!

Barbaloot said...

I guess that's a good enough excuse to stay away from the blogging world....
Good luck!

RuensOnTheRun said...

Glad all is well - Take care!

Anti-Supermom said...

My husband would totally say something like it's great being married to a 80 year old.

I'm laughing just typing that.

Feel better soon

and maybe drink some Red Bull.

EmmaP said...

i say when you're pregnant the only rule is you get to break the rules. so be as lazy as you wanna be or feel you need to be. cuz you know once the third baby comes, it's all gonna break loos till that one is in kindergarten. hehehe. good luck! and get some rest!

Patrice said...

Glad you're back! Definitely missed you! Totally understand, though! You have a good excuse! Hope you get that energy boost you're hoping for!

Beth Cotell said...

I'm so glad you are ok! I still have you in my Bloglines so I'll be right here waiting on you when you get that 2nd trimester energy boost or 5 years from now when all three kids are in school full time - whichever comes first!

AMY said...

Oh, to be pregnant. I am useless for the entire 9 months and the 9 months after the baby is born. That equates to the majority of my married life. Useless. Hang in there love. :)

Claire said...

Ok - so I've not blogged in ages either, but i'm pretty sure i'm not pregnant. Oh please, I hope I'm not.

I'm just lazy, as in I canny be assed. Your excuse is vaild. Though I think I would still rather by lazy, lazy than pregnant lazy...

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

An 80 year old, huh? I don't know... my grandma is 92 and she still gets out there and mows her lawn.(It's a riding lawn mower, of course.)hahaha!

Be as "lazy" as you want to be 'cause pretty soon you'll be chasing around three kiddos, and there will be no rest for the weary! :)

Saskia said...

I think it's the time of year!! I'm certainly not pregnant, but all I seem to want to do is curl up into a ball and sleep for days on end!! The recent sunshine is helping me overcome the laziness... roll on Spring!

Have a lovely weekend x

Science PhD Mom said...

The realization that I have 5+ years ahead of me before I will enjoy a school day free of children and be able to do whatever as needed/wanted is somewhat quelling. I have hit my second trimester 'energy boost', but compared to what I had with the first one, this is nothing. I think the older two suck all the energy out of me!! I am very empathetic to your situation Carol! LOL.

master Gardner said...

This pregnancy tiredness is all about building a second body from scratch. Being probably the only guy to respond to your blog regarding your tiredness, and having lived through 7 of our own, I give you credit for being able to find time to much of anything! Just remember that after 3 you can handle any number cause it never gets any harder.
Lastly I was wondering if you had a "glug Jug" so you could share in our NUYGJD or national (well we might have to change that to international) use your glug jug day. It is on March 29th I understand that they are made by the Wade company in stroke on trent? Alisha started this so I thought you might be interested. Best Terry

Anonymous said...

I got all excited reading about you being lazy and not blogging until I came to the pregnancy part....now what is MY excuse. I'm just the regular old lazy.

Wendi said...

You have every right to be lazy!
Who else can say they made a lung or an ear today?
No 80 year old that I know.
Hang in there girl!
I will wait with bated breath for your next hilarious post.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Here's hoping for that energy boost. I got mine later in the 2nd trimester...do I only got like 8 good weeks!!

Third time's the charm, right?

4funboys said...

amen1

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are ok. I have been wondering about you. You are so allowed to be lazy. Just take good care of yourself. It is hard work to make another human!

Vashey Fam said...

Congrats on your pregnancy!! I haven't read in a while b/c I'm in the same boat as you....when will that energy come? By the way, it's not official on my blog yet (going to surprise an out of town mother-in-law)but I thought I'd commiserate the first trimester suckiness with you.