Tuesday 15 May 2012

In Loving Memory……

[Whispers] Hello, is anybody out there?

Silence.

[Shouts] Hey! Where is everyone?

Silence.

As I am sure you can imagine brimming with anticipation on returning to blogging I excitedly went on a whistle-stop tour of all my favourite blogs. Of which there were many.

Eager to catch up on all I’ve missed since Libby was born and attempted to suck out all my will to live by never, ever sleeping.

Sadly, I found lots of this,

private blog url

Only to be expected I guess, and obviously I would’ve been invited if I hadn’t carelessly neglected my blog for quite so long.

But I also found lots of this,

no longerGasp!

I really mean it, GASP!!!!

Too many of the blogs I loved and followed are not even in existence anymore.

It’s like while I was absent completely unbeknown to me there was some kind of tragic blog holocaust.

Whole blogging civilisations wiped out with absolutely no explanation.

Sob!

I find myself feeling a bit like this guy,

Wall-E6See the sadness in his eyes?

That’s exactly what my eyes look like right now!

Those few who remain almost without exception seem to be super-bloggers now attracting millions of visitors and blogging on a scale I never even new was possible.

So here I am, a Wall-E emerging from a blog holocaust (though for certain I’ll be doing a lot less cleaning up than that guy!)

I guess it’s time to make some new friends.

Anyone?

7 lovely comments:

Jill said...

I, for one, am glad you're back!! Blogging has been a bane to me too as of late. But as its really the only journaling I do...I figure I'll keep going. Even if I'm the only one reading. Me and Wall-E. :)

Patrice said...

I am glad you're back!!! I'm still here! Well, mostly. My blog was neglected for a couple months but I am making a comeback too!!
I am totally LOLing at blogging holocaust... how depressing!!
Welcome back :)

Mandy said...

I'm still here! Glad you are back to blogging. I've taken a back seat to it as well, not posting nearly as often as before. Kid number three and a full time kindergarten teaching position will do that to you. :/ Welcome back!

Jen said...

LOL at your blog holocaust comment. Can we still be blog friends even though I don't have a blog? Hope so! Glad you are back!

Barbaloot said...

There are definitely quite a few "big deal" blogs now that have a million comments each day. They get a little overwhelming to me. But there are still some great ones out there. Have fun getting back on board:)

Laural Out Loud said...

Yay!! I recently came across an old form that had a list of blogs I read back in the day (before Google Reader, lol), and decided to make the rounds. It was so sad how many of them aren't blogging anymore! I'm so glad that you are again!

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol!
Good to see you back on here. I know how you feel. I felt like a dear friend had died when one of my favorite bloggers called it quits. Glad you are back. :-)