Sunday 12 April 2009

Some things I should have blogged about but didn't because I was just too lazy.

Remember how my boys always had hair that looked something like this?
(Though I admit Eli's is particularly insane in his picture.)Well around Christmas Thomas started asking to have his hair cut 'all spiky' just like his dad. So I eventually relented and took him and felt saddened the entire time as I watched him grinning from ear to ear as the stylist cut off all his hair.

He looked SO grown up but also super cute so I quickly learned to live with it!

A few weeks later Sabbath day boredom kicked in and we decided it was time to bid farewell to Eli's hair too.

Rob somehow managed to persuade him and we pulled out the clippers and went to town on his head. In fact Rob went to town with a little too much ferocity and mistakenly put the number 3 guard on instead of number 6.

Which resulted in hair so short that we had to resort to shaving our hairy boys forehead because his forehead hair was longer than the hair on his head.
Eli wasn't so impressed with the outcome. He asked several times for his hair back and confided to anyone who would listen with disgust that 'my daddy did it to me!' Fortunately it's growing back now and we'll be keeping it long (but not so dishevelled looking) in the future.
Thomas who didn't escape the Sabbath day boredom also got his hair buzzed off and at the end of January turned 4! (Yes I am ashamed I'm blogging about this 2.5 months late.)

He chose to go bowling and somehow even with the bumper bars up he managed to beat me. Well, more precisely utterly thrash me considering he whooped me by 30 points or so. Clearly all my bowling prowess on the Wii just didn't transfer into real life. Gutted.

Blasted Nintendo people giving me a false sense of confidence and achievement.

February saw England get its worst snowfall in 18 years. Usually we get a mere sprinkling that leaves within a few hours but this snow kept on coming and lingered for a week or so.
The boys (including Rob) of course were thrilled and made the most of every snow filled day.
I on the other hand put on as many clothes and possible and waited for it to pass.
Whilst wondering why on earth I wasn't born somewhere warmer and how come global warming hasn't actually made me any warmer at all.
After months of watching from the sidelines Eli recently officially started football training for the West End number 5's alongside his big brother. For the most part he has zero clue what is going on and runs around aimlessly which is far from productive but on the bright side it is very amusing to observe.
Today is our 6 year anniversary. I'm actually not even at home with Rob. I came to my mum's with the boys for a few days this afternoon. 6 years has flown by. But I am grateful for the husband I have and the time we have spent together.

We all miss you already Rob!

post signature

17 lovely comments:

Barbaloot said...

Happy Anniversary! And hooray for Eli starting soccer....er, football:)

Hildie said...

Look at all those photos! Guess you finally got a jolt of all that second-trimester energy!

Melissa said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are just too gorgeous for words! :)

Great post. It's feels good to get caught up, doesn't it?

Thanks for sharing!

Love ya!

LunaMoonbeam said...

1. What a BEAUTIFUL bride!!

2. BBJ got her first back-of-the-head cut today. *sigh* It was time

3. Did I mention you were a BEAUTIFUL bride??

4. Love the new 'do's on the boys!!

Mandy said...

Cute catch-up post. Love the wedding photo!

Laural Out Loud said...

Isn't it amazing how much difference a little thing like a haircut can make on how our little ones look? Gabi just recenlty cut her waist length hair into a bob, and I sometimes I swear she's someone else's child.

Since we never have snow, I'm so jealous!

EmmaP said...

very cute of course. love the haircut. and happy anniversary. oh and by the way - it's not called being "lazy" it's called being "pregnant"... milk it for what it's worth, baby!

Beth Cotell said...

Happy Anniversary!

I love the shorter hairdos on the boys- I've always liked boys to have short hair - except in the late 80's early 90's when I was going through my hair band/heavy metal days.

AMY said...

Happy Anniversary lovely - 6 years, almost 3 kids - your a busy woman!

TheAustinEmpire said...

Aww. Happy Anniversary!

The hair...how cute!

When you have that girl make sure you keep the scissors put up, my little SIL used to get ahold and cut her hair all the time. That was a disaster.

Anti-Supermom said...

Carol,
Happy Anniversary.

I LOVE the short hair. It's adorable...

and the snow pictures are too, but I'd completely exchange some of my snow in Minnesota for a little rainy season.

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Happy Anniversary! Very pretty picture.

I haven't done the big boy haircut just yet for Noah. I know I probably should, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Your boys look adorable though. :)

Jen said...

Happy 6th Anniversary!! I love the boys haircuts. Thanks for catching us up!! :)

Julie said...

You have the cutest boys!! I can't wait to see your baby girl! My third pregnancy was definately the hardest...hang in there. You will be amazed how good you feel once she's here!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the fill in! Your boys are so cute. I could not help but laugh at loud at that look on Eli's face as his hair is getting buzzed off.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I love the haircuts!

And, happy anniversary!

Claire said...

I miss Eli's hair. Though at least he got to see what it's like to be baldy...

Your boys are so cute, it wouldn't matter what you did to their heads..

Hope you're feeling ok