Wednesday 8 April 2009

What I'm thinking.....

I'm thinking I had forgotten just how extremely glamorous pregnancy is. After a recent trip to my doctor I came home with old lady tan support stockings (toe to thigh no less) for my gorgeous varicose vein on my left calf (courtesy of pregnancy number 1) and Haemorrhoid cream, you know just in case, Nice.

I'm thinking it wasn't worth attempting to win some Mothering Award by sending my kids to preschool at different times of day. Just so I could have quality time with each. I could be having 9 extra quality hours of sleep a week. Surely that's of far more import than quality time.

I'm thinking I shouldn't have read Marley & Me while I was pregnant. The demise and death of that dog had me literally cowering behind the sofa sobbing uncontrollably hoping the kids wouldn't see me so upset. Also Rob's untimely arrival home had me rushing to the bathroom to ferociously splash my face with cold water in an attempt to hide my ridiculous hysterics. (He would never understand he's never owned a dog, he's of the opinion it's just a dog).

I'm thinking that this pregnancy may have cured (fingers tightly crossed) the natural disaster which is my hair. My effortlessly poker straight chocolate tresses that started growing intermittent frizzy patches during my pregnancy with Eli seem to be correcting themselves. (In hindsight I should have known he was gonna be a handful when he managed to singlehandedly ruin my hair from the confines of my uterus).

I'm thinking after experiencing the joys of morning sickness for the first time with this pregnancy that if this pregnancy introduces me to the further joy of stretch marks for the first time also that baby number 3 will officially be my least favourite child. Forever.

And finally I'm thinking now that I'm halfway done that I can't wait to find out what this little nipper is.

Good job I have my ultrasound TOMORROW!!!

Watch this space people.

post signature

12 lovely comments:

Hildie said...

I'm guessing it's a girl!

PS. Too bad about all the trouble "down there".

Anna said...

No stretch marks already???? How on earth did you manage that? TOo late for me now I suppose...boo...hoo, good job I was never into bikini's! Good luck tomorrow - hope the baby is co-operative!

Barbaloot said...

My money's on you having a girl:)

AMY said...

I didn't get any stretchmarks until the 3rd, so don't count yourself out yet! :)

Can't wait until tommorow. I'm excited for you!

Science PhD Mom said...

Have fun tomorrow Carol! I can't wait to find out what you're having! I'm sure the boys will be thrilled either way.

Allikaye's Mama said...

Oh yay! You better post and tell us what you are having!! How exciting! And your post just happens to make me thankful I am not prego right now! :0) Hang in there!! Thinking about you!

Melissa said...

Can't wait to find out what you're having! I'm betting on a girl!

This part of this post had me laughing so hard: "In hindsight I should have known he was gonna be a handful when he managed to singlehandedly ruin my hair from the confines of my uterus"
You have such a way with words, girl! I swear, you should write a book! It would be a bestseller in no time!

Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy treats you better than the first half! {{{HUGS}}}

Beth Cotell said...

Hang in there! You are half way there!

And seeing the ultrasound and finding out whether it is a boy or a girl is always so exciting and almost makes the morning sickness and extreme tiredness worth it. Almost. :)

Miss Lisa said...

Best of luck on your ultrasound--I never guess because I am always wrong :0

EmmaP said...

can't wait to find out what you are having! maybe it will be the kind without a willy! hahaha!

Wendi said...

What I am thinking right now:

1. You are hilarious.
2. You are still gorgeous, support tights and all.
3.Crying over Marley and Me had nothing to do with pregnancy. I cried like a baby too.
4.I am not sure we can be friends now that I know you survived 2 pregnancies without morning sickness or stretch marks.
5. I think you will be buying a lot of pink in your future!

Jayme Stallmann said...

Well, what did you find out! Can't wait any longer!!