Monday 15 September 2008

The Week I Fell in Love With My Cross Trainer

The unlikely has really occurred.

I actually enjoy exercise. (Those are 4 words I never imagined ever typing!)

Dare I say I even look forward to it? Seriously.

Obviously after the first 2 minutes I am cursing myself for torturing myself so but I carry on regardless!
Me and my pal the cross trainer have truly become BFF.


Out of 12 days I have exercised 9. Giving myself Sundays off (it being the day of rest and all) and Saturday I was up for London at 5:15am so by the time I got home at 10pm I was destined for one thing and one thing only.....sleep!

I have been trekking 3.2 miles a day, which my new Europe-ised mechanical friend informs me is 5KM. I even walked one day to get Thomas from Nursery School which adds a couple of extra miles to my tally too.

My goal is to walk and collect him every single day, but with the seasons changing my greatest desire right now is hibernation.

I am no longer wheezing myself through exercise and the following two hours like a 60 a day a smoker. I think I may actually be getting fitter.

I am feeling toned and have more energy. As for my abs they remain MIA.

I know they are in there somewhere and I am not giving up until I find them.

post signature

21 lovely comments:

Lauren W said...

Yay you! That's so great :) I too deeply enjoy the way I feel when I exercise. With my current schedule... it's just so hard to get it in without waking up at 5:30, and I just can't handle that ;)
Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I am going to start walking my boys to school (which is also where I teach) now that gas prices have hit an all time high and there is a shortage of it as well. It's just so stinking HOT here still!!

Becky said...

Well done you!!! You're almost motivating me to get the pieces of our cross-trainer (which currently reside in the loft) and put them back together..... almost....! :)lol. Keep up the good work, I'm sure you'll be all trim and fantastic in no time xx

Aprille said...

i NEED to hear about your day off - err - i mean - at work in LONDON. Do tell! Yes, I said NEED. My trip isn't here yet honey.

J. Baxter said...

I've taken your journey and achieved success - several times.

What's wrong with that statement?

Can I just say "Down with crunches, bring on isometrics"? Way more effective, less time consuming, and much, much less annoying.

Claire said...

Is a cross trainer not much like Marmite - you either love it, or you hate it? From my view on the sofa, I think I may fall in the camp of those that hate it. All who are with me, say "pie".

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Congratulations!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Oh, yay! Congrats! That's awesome 9/12 days! Wow!

You are well on your way, and you abs will come out and play in no time...just in time for you to wear clothes for the winter!

the rogers blog said...

I just sent you a comment but Phoebs decided to play witht he mouse and lost it. Not sure if you'll get it now. I'll write it again if it didn't arrive. Updated my blog lovelly. xxx

Allikaye's Mama said...

Okay..ya got me feeling a little guilty for not getting on my trusty trainer! Keep me posted on those abs - give me some hope!! They are hiding in there somewhere!

Allikaye's Mama said...

One more question...
when are you exercising?? What time, and what are the kids doing??

Simply Shannon said...

Hooray Carol! What's the secret? I so need to figure out how to enjoy being fit. I'm clueless so far.

Jen said...

I'm so jealous that you've actually found an exercise that you love. That is awesome!

I added your link to my post. Sorry about the lack of the linky. :(

Kristen said...

Great for you Carol! That is awesome, and you should be so proud.

I plan on joining a gym once it gets chilly out, and trying to reclaim my abs too. Thanks for being an inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

So happy for you! I just blogged about doing the Truffle Shuffle because I'm feeling THAT out of shape! I'll be taking notes from you, training and encouragement, and hope to be Fine in 09 with you. Blessings, Whitney

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!!!! That is so disciplined of you. I know you are going to be not just feeling the effects soon but seeing them as well. That machine is my favorite one at the gym

jOni lAnE said...

you need to go to the doctor because YOU. ARE. SICK. I mean, uh, good for you.
smiles,
j

3boys247 said...

Good for you! I made it to the Y yesterday for the first time since May, sad I know.

All you you doing the Looking Fine by 2009 are giving me guilt..I mean inspiration to get back into shape. Thanks!!

Science PhD Mom said...

You are almost making me want to buy an elliptical trainer...almost. If you stick with it, I just might!

Wendi said...

I want whatever drugs you are on!
There is no way you are not on something.
You are in love with your cross trainer?
Seriously?

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Rock on girl!
If I recall, I think I told you that at some point you might actually find yourself enjoying that machine!
Here's to great health!
And earning those donuts!