Friday 12 September 2008

Why I Love My Job

Tomorrow I am going here....Well not exactly to the Houses Of Parliament and good old Big Ben but to London nevertheless.

Did I mention that I am going alone?

As in without children.

Well, not exactly alone. It is actually a work trip so I am going with 11 other people.

All of which are adults.

All of which (hopefully) will not require me to change their nappies, fill their juice cups, get them dressed and hopefully none of them will insist on sharing my dinner.

No pushchairs (strollers, figured I'd through in a translation there, you're welcome), no face wiping, no mummy bag.

I do have to get up at the horrifically early hour of somewhere around 6am which I could live without I assure you.

But I do get to sit on a train for 2-ish hours and read completely uninterrupted. (I'm certainly hoping these work people aren't gonna be requiring conversation from me, surely the fact that I am there is enough, right?)

Did I mention too that we're going to see this?

Yep, Disney for grown ups!

I have seen it before but who cares?

A day off is a day off and it's all free!

post signature

28 lovely comments:

Lauren W said...

Wow! That's awesome! I'm so jealous :)
Have a great time!

Becks said...

That sounds like lots of fun! The thought of leaving the house with out a diaper bag sounds like heaven! Enjoy your time away!

Jen said...

Have a great kid-free day! I've never seen The Lion King show, but I do love all things Disney so of course I'm jealous!

Susan said...

So excited for you! As I sit here with a baby in my lap trying to type as she tries to drool on my laptop. Enjoy your big girl day!

Aracely said...

Just thinking about The Lion Kings opening scene makes me weep like a baby. Have fun.

AMY said...

Ha! I might be the first to comment for once?

I'm jealous, sound like fun - enjoy!

Beth Cotell said...

Wow! That sounds wonderful! Are they hiring?

Simply Shannon said...

Oh, sounds like a lovely day!
Have fun!

Claire said...

I thought I was doing well to get away from the two older kids for 2hours tomorrow while I go to fat club... but a whole day away? And to be entertained in to the bargain!? Magic.

In fact, I'd ditch the show and find a spot in the cloakroom and ask if I could kip on a nest of coats for the duration of the show. Heaven..

Marla said...

do tell more about how this is your job?

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Sounds like a fabulous day, Carol! Do enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! I have heard that play is wonderful.

Mama Smurf said...

I'm so green with envy...good for you!

Kristen said...

Oh have a fun fun time!

Is it ok, if I am just slightly jealous of your time alone!

Enjoy every moment of it!

3boys247 said...

Ah, have fun! And make sure no one calls you mommy.

the rogers blog said...

So either you've got a new job since I last spoke to you or mike siswick is taking you all so see the lion king? I could well believe he'd take you to see it cos it is one of those random thing he would do bless him. He does rate well in my fav siswick pole!!

Aprille - The Muddled said...

With the time difference you might be at the show now - hope your enjoying it. Bask in it girl.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a great time, and don't forget room service can bring you all manner of treats, including the same number of pillows as persons you left at home. The first time I was away from my circus I was tickled until bedtime, then I missed them something awful. Blessings, Whitney

Tyne said...

Hope it is a fabulous day! no nappies- great!

Wendi said...

Jealous.
Of your time in London.
Of your time sans kids.
Of not having to wipe bottoms and fill sippy cups.
Of watching The Lion King musical uninterrupted.
And did you say Free?
Okay even more jealous!
Hope you have a fabulous time!

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Ooooooh! I saw Lion King in NY awhile ago...it was awesome!

Is your work hiring internationally? I'd definitely be interested. haha :)

EmmaP said...

ok - i wanna job where i can take work trips like that..... sitting here all jealous! hope you had a FAB time!!!

Anonymous said...

Am very jealous!! Have a fab time!

Allikaye's Mama said...

Yeah...I'm jealous too! And mostly because I would love to go to London. period. How cool are you?! I feel cooler just having a "bloggy" friend that lives where you do!

Laural Out Loud said...

How fun! I hope you had a good time.

Today I found myself shopping at costco alone, and hardly knew what to do with myself!

Barbaloot said...

Okay-what is your job and can I PLEASE come work with you! Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely. I'm so jealous.
Have fun!

Rach (Mommy Learns to Blog) said...

Glad you had such a lovely day!
Of course, you are so right.
MH's first day of preschool that I was free, what did I do?
Go shopping. All for her.
You're right, you can take away the kids, but they're always right there with you, which I think is exactly where they should be!