Saturday 22 March 2008

Butt, What?

This is what we affectionately refer to in our household as 'double-butt'. The owner of this spectacular crevice is Eli. (I'm sure he'll really appreciate me posting about this when he's older!)

Now I wish I could say the amount of bottoms I have seen in my life is very limited but it just wouldn't be the truth. I have seen all kinds of bottoms, big ones, small ones, hairy ones, black ones, white ones and just about every shade in between. This is all down to working in Radiology in my pre-children days and the fact that my manager seemed to think I was well suited to a lifestyle consisting of Barium enema's 9-5, 5 days a week! (Which I can only imagine wasn't a compliment.) Over a period of time all of these posteriors have slowly blurred into one gigantic bottom in my mind. But one thing I never saw in my barium enema days was a butt crack quite like our Eli's.

Being the overreacting drama queen that I am this obviously concerned me no end. When Eli failed to sit unsupported until 8 months, crawl until 11 months and walk until 16.5 months (I had visions of him being the 1st child ever to crawl into nursery at church at 18 months) clearly I felt deep down the butt crack was justifiably to blame. Even though the doctor informed us that yes it was unusual yet completely normal at his 6 week check. I didn't take into account the fact that I am lazy and laziness is clearly hereditary, which is undoubtedly the actual reason for Eli's ever slothful attitude towards becoming mobile.

I guess the 'double-butt' isn't as uncommon as I thought after all, it would appear that Eli isn't the only Siswick with an irregular bum crevice (as tempting as it is to illuminate you as to which of our relatives has a similar backside I'll forge all my willpower and restrain myself for their sake!) and it turns out my friend has a little girl 7 months younger than Eli who has the exact same odd feature on her peachy bottom too.

So there you have it, not only is laziness hereditary but double-butts are too!

2 lovely comments:

Melissa said...

LOL! I'm sure our kids will not be happy about all the things we posted on the internet when they were little! ;) Oh well, I guess that's all part and parcel of being a child of the "internet age"!

Cute double-butt, by the way, Eli! :)

Kelli @ writing the waves said...

Baby bottoms are just cute no matter what. I'm sure he'll never even find out about this post. haha