I have never been much of a drinker. Generally I'll have a drink with lunch and again with dinner, sometimes I'll just go crazy and have a third (all of which I prefer to be caffeinated!). I just don't feel thirsty so what's the point? Now, I am fully aware that one of the key signs of dehydration is a lack of thirst. But really are you telling me the more I drink the more thirsty I'll actually become? Is that even possible? Well I am always on the lookout for ways to become more healthy that require very little effort from me. (Hence why exercise is a big no-no!)
So, I looked at what the benefits are of drinking more water:
- Improve your energy (I have existed in a constantly lethargic state since Jan 27th 2005 when I became a mum, so sign me up for some energy saturated H2O!)
- Increase your mental and physical performance (My brain has also been in a semi-comatose condition since the start of Pregnancy number one, my doctor assures me this is irreversible but maybe water is the very cure I need. Physical performance? No thanks!)
- Remove toxins and waste products from your body (Well considering I have dehydrated myself for pretty much the last 32 years I am probably in desperate need of a good old detoxifying.)
- Keep skin healthy and glowing (Maybe for me this should say begin having healthy and glowing skin, something that has been previously unachieved without the aid of Roaccutane.)
- Help you lose weight (Completely unrequired she says smugly!)
- Reduce headaches and dizziness (Always a bonus!)
- Allow for proper digestion
- Help to keep you more alkaline (well who wants to be acidic?)
This is the outcome:
- I have had to pee more in the last 8 days than I have had to pee in the previous 32 years combined.
- I have gained empathy for those humongous pregnant ladies who have to get up repeatedly in the night to pee. I now have to get up in the night to pee despite avoiding that through two entire pregnancies.
- I have discovered the strange satisfaction that comes from having completely clear urine.
- I have been more thirsty. Medical fact confirmed!
- I have felt more healthy and revitalised. But, would probably feel more so if the kids weren't insisting of going through a phase of waking between 6:30 and 7.00am. It's a killer!
- I feel like I'm carrying a big water balloon around in my tummy all the time.
- I think if I ever stand a chance of kick starting my brain I'll need to increase my intake a few more hundred percent.
Righto I'll have to finish there. I need to go pee............again!