Monday 26 May 2008

Tagged Again (May must be international tag month or something!)

So, I got tagged again, this time by my friend Allison. So here I go...................

1. What was I doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was coming to the end of my 18 month mission for my Church, based in of all the incredibly lovely places on Earth...... Birmingham, England. My assigned companion/co-worker at the time was Amy Knight, we were living in one of the three (yes, three!) houses we had in the 4.5 months we worked together. Life was far from dull and despite the incredible fatigue from working 12 hour days, 6 days a week for going on 16 months it was one of the happiest times of my life.

Amy (affectionately named AJ, short for Amy-Jo even though her middle name is Dawn) was a joy to work with, one of the most patient and sweetest people I have ever come across. She hailed from Thatcher, Arizona (if you're thinking, WHERE??? That is the correct response!) She was incredibly easy to tease/mock being that she was a) from a small town, b) she was a cheerleader in high school (Go Eagles!) and c) she had dated her own cousin but I guess that goes hand in hand with point a. (OK so she didn't realise he was her cousin at the time I'll give her that). Also she introduced me to Mexican food before it ever took off here and for that I'll be eternally thankful!

Here we are on a rare day off in Stratford-Upon-Avon dressed up in clothes at the Shakespeare Museum. (If you're wondering what I am doing, this is when the Spice Girls were at their peak and I am not ashamed to say I loved to imitate them in almost every photo opportunity. Ten years ago that didn't seem so pathetic I promise!)

Oh and lastly ten years ago I was excitedly looking forward to the beginning of the World Cup in France (I even owned France 98 Monopoly) as usual the excitement quickly turned to disappointment thanks to Argentina and David Beckham, but alas who could stay mad with David for long though? Definitely not me!

2. What are 5 things on my to-do list for today?
It is a holiday weekend so I wish I could say nothing,
Sadly I have to go to work just for two hours,
I have to do laundry (which is on my to-do list every day)
I have to eat chocolate (also on my list everyday)
I have to shower (I am not fit to go out in public otherwise)
I have to have a nap (I wish!)

3. Snacks I enjoy
Anything containing sugar or fat pretty much without exception.

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire
Travel lots,
Pay someone to do my laundry,ironing and cleaning,
Take care of my family,
Contribute to charity.

5. Places I have lived
London, Essex, Coventry, Nottingham, Bedford, Birmingham, Boston, Leicester, York and Huddersfield. All in England.

I was supposed to tag a bunch of people but instead I am gonna say if you wanna do this, consider yourself tagged and go for it!

1 lovely comments:

AMY said...

Ok, so thanks for putting the ugliest picture ever up of me! Secondly, my middle name is not Dawn, but that is Erica's middle name. Can you remember mine? Third, I'll agree I was a lovely companion. Fourth, thanks for constantly mocking me. Fifth, I guess "technically" I did date my cousin, so you have me on that one, but I honestly had no idea! Sixth, I can't believe that it was 10 years ago that you went home from your mission. Craziness. We had a good time didn't we?